We’re proud to announce Allocadia is a finalist in the 2017 Technology Impact Awards, the largest and longest-running technology award program in BC.
We’re in the running for the Community Engagement Award, recognizing companies that embrace corporate social responsibility. By engaging their employees, winners of this award are focused on building a corporate culture that has a positive impact on the community in which they live, work, and play.
Congratulations as well to Traction for also being named a finalist in this category! Michelle, Director of Community Performance at Traction, is not only sister to Allocadia founders Kristine and Katherine, she’s also the inspiration for much of our community engagement. We owe her a great deal of gratitude - thank you Michelle, and good luck!
Allocadia’s Community Engagement initiatives are a core part of our corporate values and vision for the business. From day one, we’ve been committed to building prosperity by contributing to the communities in which we live and work.
That commitment in action:
- Girls and Women in Tech - Our initiatives empower girls and women to pursue technology and/or entrepreneurship by supporting causes like Girls Learning Code, BeLikeAda, and the BC Science Fair Run, as well as implementing a partnership with Simon Fraser University to send women to tech conferences across North America.
- Community Involvement - As one of many growing tech companies in Vancouver, we’re committed to participating in events such as #TechPong, raising funds for organizations in Vancouver’s Downtown East Side. We also organize Quarterly Volunteer events for our team to give back, benefiting organizations such as The Vancouver Food Bank and the CC SPCA.
- Donations - Our team contributes to both local and national efforts through a staff matching fund, and making a charitable impact with the help of Kiva and Chimp. Our moustached team members raised thousands as part of Movember, changing the face of men’s health.
Upcoming community engagement initiatives:
Fun Run! At the end of May, we’ll be taking part in (and sponsoring) the Science Fair Fun Run in Vancouver where 15 members of the Allocadia team will show off the result of their lunchtime training sessions, all in the name of supporting youth scientists.
Conference Fund - We’ll be continuing our partnership with SFU, sending more students to conferences including Grace Hopper Conference, Vancouver Start Up Week, and the Canadian Celebration of Women in Computing.
Startup Skool - We’ll be sponsoring, mentoring, and acting as dragons in a dragon-den style pitch competition at the Startup Skool summer program, inspiring the innovators of tomorrow. 30 students from Vancouver’s downtown East Side will be sent to this program with the help of contributors like Allocadia.
This year, as we celebrate this BC TIA recognition, we are inspired to pay it forward further with a new announcement...
Calling all startup founders - join us!
In the early years of the business, co-founders Katherine and Kristine took advantage of a shared office space that helped them to save money on rent while building out their vision (read more about our founding story here).
At the Allocadia office in the heart of downtown Vancouver, we have free desks that we’d love to fill with early stage start-ups who may have outgrown their garage and need a collaborative place to work with their team.
Come share the energy of our office and connect with our team members who are happy to support you on your startup journey!
• FREE use of space for teams of 2-4 people
• 3 or 6 month term
• Central downtown location
• Full-time or part-time availability
• Designated desk space
• Phone, internet, printing, meeting rooms
• Coffee and snacks!
We want to hear from you – tell us a bit about your company, team, and stage of growth. What are your primary needs for office space? How will this impact your startup? We look forward to hearing from you! Email Naomi Mador at email@example.com to apply.
Vote for Allocadia!
We are also in the running for the 2017 People’s Choice Award, recognizing a company that best embodies "The Spirit of BC Tech.”
Please, vote for Allocadia! Voting is open until June 22nd.
Thank you to the BC Tech Association, and to our community of customers, partners, and talented team members for all that you do. See you at the awards ceremony June 22nd!